Upwardly Global expands their program to include asylees and asylum seekers looking to get into the job market.
LGBT Freedom and Asylum Network is proud to announce that after months of working together with Upwardly Global, an organization that links experienced professionals with the best companies, Upwardly Global services are now available for asylum seekers and asylees.
Upwardly Global aims to eliminate employment barriers for skilled immigrants and provides job search case management, training, and employment placement at some of the best companies in the United States. To qualify for their free services (offered everywhere in the US), applicants must first meet the following criteria:
- Have an affirmative case in good standing
- Already have legal representation
- Have BA (baccalaureate or ‘undergrad’) degree from any university or college in any country
- Have at least two years of professional work experience in your home country
- Have NO profession work experience in your professional field in the United States
- Have a proficient level of English (for the telephone screening)
- Have EAD/work authorization (OR at least intent to apply for EAD, but you will not get placed in employment until your EAD in place)
- Have lived in the United States for no more than five years.
- Be highly motivated and able to participate in online or in-person training programs.
To apply online visit their website: www.upglo.org/apply